Sunday, August 24, 2008

Getting ready

The morning started... the groom and wedding party left for the market. He didn't need to stay and get ready as early as we girls, and we thought that the wedding party would enjoy the Rennes' market. It is really nice, huge, and we love it so we wanted to share that with them.
In the meanwhile, I went to get my hair done at 11:30am till about 12:45. I ate something while watching the olympics, I think it was fencing. Everyone came back, and the girls went to get ready while I was relaxing. I decided to put my own makeup on as I was confident I could do a good job... and I was really happy with the end result!
My maid of honor helping me put on my dress, trying not to smudge makeup all over it, and not to destroy my hairdo (no worries, there were thousands of pins and tons of hair spray).
Voila!
Then my mom went to fetch my bouquet and Rich's boutonniere.. we decided not to get flowers for anyone else. I wanted peonies, the florist said it was possible. The tuesday before the wedding she called me and told me it wasn't anymore. I had to pick another flower. I didn't want roses, but ended up going with it... I just needed a bouquet and to this point who cared about the flower as long as it was nice. But it was beautiful!!! Notice the cameo, and the "ribbon" was the fabric of my dress. It all came great together!
My mom putting my veil on. I wanted a birdcage, but went with a Chapel length. I didn't have a train and though it would be nice to walk down the aisle with something flowing behind me. 
Maid of honor helping the groom get ready.
We are all ready now, and I went to see my groom waiting for me in the back yard (actually I waited for him, I was ready way before he was!)
Next: Couple photos before the ceremony...

No comments: