Thursday, July 3, 2008

Favors

After looking at many ideas for favors, we finally found something we really liked. I realized that most weddings I went to, they weren't any favors, and although I realize it now because I am planning my wedding, I didn't at the time. I wanted something affordable and different. Candy buffets are fun, but will end up being too expensive with our "expensive tastes" in candy. The traditional almonds.. why not.. not really. Cookies are great, but again I won't have enough time to bake tons of cookies + a cake. So that is what we came up with:

Sharing our family recipes! We asked Rich's mom, my mom, my 2 grand mothers, and Rich's grand mothers = total of 6 great recipies.
  1. Georgina's Orange Pork Roast
  2. Sue's Mango Tomato and Pineapple Salsas
  3. Grand ma H's Datte Cookie
  4. Grand ma M's Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread
  5. Grand ma B's Madras Curry
  6. Mamie's Brittany Scallops

On the front are the recipe's name, the ingredients, the cooking/preping times, and the servings. On the back you can find the steps... Of course, all recipes are translated in English and French.

No comments: