Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"Destination" wedding in France

How did we ended up choosing France (besides the fact that my parents live there). Well, at first we had chosen to do it in the US, it just seemed normal. I looked through all sites possible. The only restriction was to do it during a french vacation so my sister and family could make it. So I looked:
- in the mountains, but living in Colorado either Summer/Spring/Winter is really expensive and of course I thaugh that a winter wedding in the snow would be awesome.. just way over our price range!

- in the city, I looked at museums (FI is an architect, don't forget) or the botanical gardens, mansions.. just everything ended up really expensive. You have to count in the tent, tables, food, alcohol... and the list goes on.

Another main problem is that wine in a big part of the French culture and I really didn't see my dad queuing up to the bar to get served a glass of wine, we had to be able to have bottles on the table.
So we started looking at the east coast, where Rich's family is from. For the longest time we settled on his uncle's house...

But! My future mother in law couldn't stop telling me to do it in France. I never really understood, but after hearing about it so much, we ended up looking there.
We made a list and asked my parents to call those places to see if they were available. We narrowed it down to 2:
1. Castle 20/30 min away from the church
My parents looked at all the possibilities and chose option 2.

No comments: