Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dressmaker "shopping"

I just couldn't buy my dress, so I had to find a dressmaker. I contacted 5 dressmakers in the Denver area. I was a little scared it was going to be too expensive, which happened to be the case with some dressmakers. I contacted:
  1. Christine Hoyt (CH Studio): First one I met. She was nice, but we just didn't click. From 800 to 1200.
  2. Nancy Thompson (FancyNancy Designs): I had a problem making the appointment. So never ended up meeting her. Offered from 600 to 1200.
  3. Kathleen Lopata (Sew Fine): I didn't feel so comfortable with her, it didn't feel right. From 800 to 1200.
  4. Nora McCray (Sew Fresh Studio): Wonderful lady, total confidence on getting a wonderful dress. She adviced where to get fabric, and gave a lot of tips. Unfortunately she was a little too expensive for us. From 1200 to 1800.
  5. LeNore Kerber (the Eye of the Needle): Great. Amazingly affordable for a custom made dress, we felt comfortable and right at home. She is an MIT engineer who loved sawing, and started her business. Please go meet her, she is great.

So we picked LeNore Kerber . If you need anything made form scatch or alteration she is great. Pictures of the dress to come...

No comments: