Thursday, June 19, 2008

Size of the wedding

Small vs. Big
Before I started planning the wedding I had never hear of 300 guests at a wedding. It even chocked me when we recieved an invite from friends a few months ago and we were #137 (+ guests). Crazy!
My parents were shooting for 50, and Rich's parents never really mentioned it. I asked my parents and Rich's parents to send us their lists with names and addresses. It took a while, but turned out ok.. Funny enough we sent the invites to a lot of people but taking place in France we recieved many no. So far we have 50 guests.. pretty good shot mom and dad!

Why a small wedding? Basically we are food lovers, and wanted great food and wine for the wedding.. which adds up. The reception site has an amazing chef, and we had already tried his food before. See previous post about le Coq Gadby. With a small wedding, we could get the most amazing menu for our budget.

Then, we have family from all over the world. Rich's family is in the US and not everyone can fly for the occasion. My mom's family is in South Africa, and again not many flying.

We are having a small quaint delicious wedding.

No comments: