Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wedding Gown "Shopping"

Crazy as it sounds I Never went gown shopping, and never set a foot in a Bridal Store. During my search of the perfect dress, I went through thousands of pictures and websites. And I mean thousands. Unfortunately I can't really show you my inspiration as my hard drive died about 2 weeks ago, and I hadn't backed up. So I lost pretty much all of my wedding stuff... but that is another story.
Back to the dress: after losing all hopes of finding something I liked in my budget, I got new bridal magazines for inspiration. Going through the pages of the Knot Colorado one evening while watching tv, I found it. That was it! Perfect AND in my price range.


The J CREW DAPHNE dress.
I rushed to JCrew.com. I looked but nothing. Wierd, the Knot had just came out. The following week I called JCrew to ask about the dress... and guess what? It was SOLD OUT! Yep, it was offered for a couple days, then sold out. They put me on the wish list, and I waited. Waited and waited.
Then found 1 on ebay. I bid on it. It went for $1200 (originally $800). Then another one came up, sold for $1800. Then a 3rd one came up, sold for over $2000.
I stopped looking there was no way I could afford one, and I went back to my magazines... :-(

No comments: