Wednesday, June 25, 2008

US Invitation Wording

We recieved an invite to a wedding in the states months ago now and: only the parents of the bride were mentioned (who we didn't even know)! I found it so strange that I went looking online and noticed that is was the way to do it!! Can you believe it? Well of course you can. I understand that the parents of the bride are paying for the wedding, but I found the way of announcing the wedding totally rude. Here is why:

Mrs. and Mr. Awesome
are inviting you to the wedding of their
Wonderful Daugther
with
Some Orphan Schmuck

I am sure there are other ways for your guests to know who is paying and still mention the groom's parents. Afterall it is nice and polite as they contributed to the wedding: it is their SON. They will be touched and thankful, a nice way to start a relationship with them.
A wedding is not about who is paying, but honoring the union of a couple and their families.

No comments: