Wednesday, June 25, 2008

First dance

In France the father of the bride starts the dance with the Bride, then passes her to her new husband. They dance a little, then the parents join them on the dance floor, and slowly all the guests. I like this tradition, but Rich and I have been taking a lot of lessons, and wanted to start the dance together. Also, my dad is only a Rock n'Roll dancer, not so much waltz.

So we are going to start the dance together and then in the middle of it, people will join us on the dancefloor as we don't feel like being stared at for 4 min, but also because noone in competitions dances for 4 min, it is usually 1min15s max.
Traditionally it is a waltz, but after a couple lessons Rich and I realized we were not waltz people (just dont like the music that much).

So we chose to do: Foxtrot on They can't take that away from me by Louis Armstrong & Ella Fitzgerald

No comments: