Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Proposal Story



Told you I had a lot of catching up to do, so here is the second post today.
We got engaged en France on a long week end in Normandy. Rich visited me from Zurich and we decided to go away for the week end. It was the 27/29 of April 2007. We went up to Deauville, a nice getaway. The week end was mostly beautiful, a little foggy... after all it is Normandy... but Saturday ended up being the most gorgeous day. We walked around in the town, which is lovely, and ended picking a restaurant... totally guessing as it is a really touristic place. We got ready and took the long way to the restaurant by stopping by the beach. The food was just amazing, we couldn't have guessed better. It was delicious! Then we walked back to the beach and hanged around on the boardwalk.

He had been walking all evening with a big plastic bag, which was really curious. He finally gave me the bag. I opened it and saw the purse I had been lurking at for the previous 6 months! I though it was it. But he asked me to open it. Inside he had a little bear hugging the ring. I really wasn't expecting anything more. He asked me to marry him and I said: YES.

No comments: